Free apps make everyone happy! If you are a social sourcer and use Twitter then try this one out.
MyPath.to is a web app that, once authenticated with your twitter account, gives you 6 degrees of separation for Twitter.
It shows you how the person that you select is connected to you like the example image below.
Very simple yet very effective!
Here is a sample of how I am connected to Evan Williams (Founder of Twitter)
Pretty close connection path. If I needed an introduction to them I could work my way down this list and ask for introductions, similar to the LinkedIn introductions.
As well as this service, MyPath.to also offers a paid subscription for $9.99 a month and it gives you these options:
- Search from anyone to anyone
- Faster search speeds
- Ignore pathways through select users
- Unlimited searches
This means that you can work out a path between a candidate and possibly a competitor. The possibilities as to why you would search between 2 users is huge.
So that is my quick overview of MyPath.to. Hope you find some use from it.
- The system is mobile optimised too. it works just as smoothly on my iPhone as it does on my desktop
- This could me a good tool for when you are at a networking event and want to learn more about someone that you just met
- This could be useful to find applicable people that want to follow
Do you know of any other twitter services that are useful in sourcing/recruitment? Let us know with a comment below.
(And please don’t forget to share this post)